DiSC is the universal language of observable human behavior, or “how we act”. DiSC does not measure education, experience, values or intelligence. It simply measures an individual’s behaviors and how they communicate.
With the knowledge of DiSC, you can learn to understand and appreciate your behavioral style, and then adapt your style in communication with others. In fact, you can change the golden rule. Rather than treating others as you would want to be treated,you can treat others the way they want to be treated.
The DISC assessment accurately measures four dimensions of behavior, which are each associated with a behavioral style:
- How you respond to problems or challenges ⇒Dominance
- How you influence others to your point of view ⇒Influence
- How you respond to the pace of the environment ⇒Steadiness
- How you respond to rules and procedures ⇒ Compliance
The results of the DISC assessment reveal an individual’s high and low placement in each of the four dimensions that make up their unique natural and adapted behavioral styles.
The DiSC Assessment is taken by answering 28 questions, which can usually be completed in less than 10 minutes. The resulting DiSC Report is a 35-page personal profile that includes the following sections:
- Behavioral Overview
- Motivating Factors
- Preferred Environment
- Tends to Avoid
- Strategies for Increased Effectiveness
- De-Motivating Factors
- Behavior in Conflict Situations
- Behavioral Tendency Continuum
- Strategies for Creating a Positive Relationship
- Relating to People and Environment
- Strategy for Managing
- Approach to Managing Others
- Communication Style
- Problem-Solving Style
- Decision-Making Style
The DiSC Assessment provides powerful insights to behavioral and communication styles helpful for any manager. Combined with coaching, DiSC becomes a management system for each employee.