“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.” –George Orwell
Today’s workforce is the most diverse in history. With the sheer number of Millennials in the workforce influencing how work is done along with the number of seniors who are continuing to work well past traditional retirement age, managers and leaders today are faced with increasingly complex generational needs and differences. From communications style preferences to expectations of appropriate behavior, each generation has its own perspective and works accordingly.
This workshop explores the generational differences, similarities and expectations important for every manager today. We explore how each generation was shaped and provide insight into their expectations. This powerful workshop addresses many of the challenges managers of multi-generational teams currently face and provide a concrete action plan to leverage each generations’ strengths.
How You Will Benefit
- Adapt your leadership style for each generation and for the common ground that all generations want.
- Leverage the unique skills and experiences from each generation.
- Facilitate cross-generational dialogue and understanding for more cohesive teams.
- Exploring Current Generational Perceptions
- Generational Characteristics, Values, Preferences and Rewards
- Becoming a Multi-Generational Leader
- Finding Common Ground
- Developing and Growing the Generations
- Action Planning for Leveraging Generational Strengths, Influencing Your Multi-Generational Team and Flexing Your Leadership Approach
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors, managers, team leaders and other business professionals who are required to work with, manage or lead people from different generations.